Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Song Meaning: "All I Have to Do Is Dream" by Everly Brothers



Song: All I have to do is Dream
Year: 1958
Artist: The Everly Brothers
Trivia:The song is ranked No. 141 on the Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
Source: Parents

This is a nice soothing slow tempo song.

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

When I feel blue in the night
And I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam

I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
Only trouble is, gee whiz
I'm dreamin' my life away

I need you so that I could die
I love you so and that is why
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam

Interpretation:
Well the meaning of this song is as described in the lyrics itself.

Here the character in the song is either talking about his past love\ his wife or partner who is no more
\ long distance relationship.

InceptionMovie: A movie where you jump into dreams to seed ideas,  the hero of the movie learns his subconscious houses an invasive projection of his late wife Mal.



He misses the other person (she) significantly, during hardships or lonely times he just wishes she is around to make him alright,  but when he realizes she is not around he just keeps starts dreaming about her hoping to ease his pain.
He loves this person deeply and feels he has attained everything in life through her love. He tends to get lost in her memories, her presence is still around him. He is aware that he is spending to much time in this journey of memories and is distracted from his regular activities.

Cover:

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...