Wednesday, June 20, 2018

20/06/18 Evanescence - Bring Me To Life



Song: Bring Me To Life
Band: evanescence
Trivia: Became more famous after inclusion of "Bring Me to Life" on the Daredevil soundtrack .


Interpretation
 

How can you see into my eyes, like open doors
Leading you down into my core
Where I've become so numb
Without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

The character in the song has become numb to everything around her and is on the edge of self destruction possibly due to a tragic event\ an abusive relationship in the past. She wonders how her new found friend \ acquaintance is able to see through her , the pain and turmoil she is going under which is clearly not picked up by any. She wants the friend to pull her out of this misery and find her spirit and wake it up which is in deep slumber tired from all the beating it has taken from the past.

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life


She sort of begs this friend not to leave her or give up on her but to breathe in her new life with new purpose at the least bring her back to her past self.

Bring me to life
I've been living a lie
There's nothing inside
Bring me to life


She realizes that the life she is living currently is of no good and will not be able to
sustain long the loneliness and the post - trauma which she is experiencing , she is crumbling
under the pressure as she has nothing inside to shield against all the haunting memories.

Frozen inside without your touch
Without your love, darling
Only you are the life among the dead

She states that she is unable to function without her friend and his\her love. Without him she feels empty and dead like before.

All this time, I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark, but you were there in front of me
I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
I've got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something wrong, bring me to life

She knows that it has been a long time since she is in this state of mind. Even though she had this friend for sometime now, she wonders why she could not seek help from him. She wants to do away with the past and wants to awaken to everything around her and take control. She wants to come back to life, and live the life she knows and not the one filled with emptiness and silence.

(Wake me up) Wake me up inside (I can't wake up)
Wake me up inside (Save me)
Call my name and save me from the dark (Wake me up)
Bid my blood to run (I can't wake up)
Before I come undone (Save me)
Save me from the nothing I've become

Bring me to life
I've been living a lie
There's nothing inside (Bring me to life)
Bring me to life


She wants her friend to pull her out of the mess and knows that he is perfect for the job,
she doesn't know of any other way to come out of this. She has a hope that he can do it.

Fav shot in the music video

The video depicts the lyrics deeply, where she is sleep walking and singing and falling time to time.

Fav Cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...