Saturday, June 23, 2018

23.06.18 Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box


Song: Heart Shaped Box
Band: Nirvana
Source: Love for Nirvana
Trivia: Used in the Season 2 trailer of Westworld TV show.

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice, your advice

The character is talking about how he feels trapped and suffocated around his partner.  He feels that she stalks him and constantly peers through him to find a fault. Constantly evaluating her partner, constantly talking about unnecessary things and hurting him with words. Though he hates being with her, he is unable to move away or end it. He feels like he is locked in a heart shaped box, which signifies that there is no emotion pertaining to love left. He worries that this dread for the relationship is growing rapidly and uncontrollably that it may prove fatal to him one day. It also means that
she is more concerned about the aesthetics and optics of the relationship to show that they are the perfect couple but there is absence of love.





Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of your Highness, I'm left back
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

He is talking about how he is controlled by her,  how much he tries to sympathize with her problems she doesn't do the same to him. He is tired of all this and wants to undo everything that has happened
between them and possibly the event of even them getting together in the first place.

Favorite Shot from the music video:





Favorite Cover:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...